Your smart choice
All we need is....
a smart Junior Buyer
As Junior Buyer you are part of the Nedis® Category management team and will be reporting and supporting the Head of Category Management. Within the set frameworks, which arise from the business operations and the concrete annual planning, you are responsible for an optimal stock by ordering items, monitoring the orders, and aftercare. The Junior Buyer contributes tactically and thinks strategically with supplier and relationship management.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Monitoring the supply chain processes to facilitate optimal inventory and availability;
- Overarching monitoring of purchasing costs;
- Plotting actions based on good and/or poor supplier performance;
- Co-responsibility with the Category Manager for supplier selection (Far East);
- Negotiating favorable conditions that complete the overall picture, in addition to any price negotiations, preferably set by the buyer in framework contracts;
- Mediating in and (co) solving issues in the supply chain, which stand in the way of optimal stock and availability. The Junior Buyer is the link between the supplier and the sales department;
- Keeping supplier data up-to-date;
- Processing order confirmations;
- Monitor delivery times and keep them up-to-date.
Purchasing management information is provided in a timely, accurate, and complete manner to the Category Manager and to the Head of Category Management.
Skills, experience and personal characteristics:
- HBO work and thinking level with preference in a commercial direction;
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in the field of purchasing and supply chain, possibly supplemented by training in this field;
- Negotiation skills, always finding an opening to negotiate;
- You make yourself owner of a 'topic' and you feel a 'sense of urgency';
- Socially skilled and constructive in communication, with respect for other cultures;
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English languages in word and writing;
- Knowledge of Retail and E-Tail;
- Commercial and result driven;
- Analytical and numerical skills;
- Stress resistant;
- Good command of Excel.
What do we offer our new colleague?
- A fun work atmosphere where we all work hard with the necessary daily humor;
- Working from home (50% of the contract);
- Flexible working hours;
- A salary that matches your experience and qualities;
- Opportunities to develop yourself professionally;
- As a Nedis® ambassador, you will receive advantageous discounts on our products;
- An allowance for commuting and working from home;
- A staff association that regularly organizes fun activities, excursions, and get-togethers.
We love electronics that make your daily life smart and easy. Nedis has been at the forefront of the consumer electronics market since 1982. We offer our partners a diverse and profitable range of electronic solutions for their customers, based on the latest technologies and innovations and featuring the latest trends. Our goal is for everyone to be happy with smart, economical products and solutions from Nedis. From home appliances to smart home products for a smarter home and from fun gadgets to a wide range of accessories. Our solutions are the smartest alternative choice to A-brands because of their looks, functionality, extreme reliability (European safety standards) and very competitive prices. Now for over 38 years, across Europe and beyond, Nedis is your value for money and a smarter daily life. And we've only just started!
Will you be our new colleague?
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the job requirements? Apply to this vacancy right away with your motivation letter and resume.
For more information please contact Arthur Vernooij, Head of Category Management, HR@nedis.com.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Acquisition from external agencies in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.